What do I need to know before visiting A & C Games for trades?
The trade-in desk closes 30 minutes before the store closes everyday, trade-ins willnot be accepted within 30 minutes before the store closes.
so be sure you get here more then 30 minutes before we close!
You must have a piece of government-issued photo IDthat is not a health card.
Please scroll below to see a list of acceptable ID.
- You must be 18+.
- You can get a quote doneon the phone or e-mail. See below for details.
We will need to testconsoles and certain games before taking them in.
In some cases, we will need to verify the authenticity of games through opening up cartridges.
Please plan your visit with this in mind.
Does A & C Games give cash or store credit?
A&C will offer both a cash value and a store credit value (to be used in-store only). Store credit will always be more than cash. Once you choose one, you cannot transfer to the other later.
What can A & C Games not buy?
We will usually buy anything we sell in the store (retro and new). Please always e-mail or call us to confirm if you are unsure whether your items are valid for trade-ins.
Some (but not all) items we do not accept:
Consoles with a parental lock which you cannot unlock
Used PC Games that require CD keys
Guitar Hero or Rock Band controllers without the appropriate dongle
Wii Fit boards
Can I get a quote before coming in?
If you e-mail us, please consider attaching photos of consoles and describing the condition of your items.
If you call us, please keep in mind you can only get a quote for up to 3 items.
What are forms of acceptable ID?
- Driver’s License
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Canadian Armed Forces Card
- Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- Provincial or Territorial Identification Card
- LCBO/BYID Card
- Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Birth Certificate (with supporting photo ID, health card acceptable)
Foreign ID is also acceptable if it is equivalent to an acceptable type of Canadian ID (i.e. foreign passport or driver’s license). We do not accept health cards standalone.
- A & C Games always maintains the right to refuse items at their discretion for any reason.
- A & C Games will not hold onto items overnight.
- A & C Games cannot accept any duplicates on new items, or more than 2 duplicates on used items.
- Quotes are always subject to change over time.